A vital connection for the Chinese diaspora, the app has also become a global conduit of Chinese state propaganda, surveillance and intimidation. The United States has proposed banning it.
Forget TikTok. China’s Powerhouse App Is WeChat.
Daha fazla TechnologyTechnology kategorisinden daha fazla yazı »
- Behind a Secret Deal Between Google and Facebook
- Snapchat Wants You to Post. They’re Willing to Pay Millions.
- A QAnon ‘Digital Soldier’ Marches On, Undeterred by Theory’s Unraveling
- Peloton’s Rapid Rise Is Threatened by Its Slow Delivery
- NASA’s Space Launch System Hot-Fire Test: When to Watch
- Hypersonic Superweapons Are a Mirage, New Analysis Says
- WhatsApp Delays Privacy Changes Amid User Exodus
- When Tech Antitrust Failed – The New York Times
- Need a New Knee or Hip? A Robot May Help Install It
- TikTok Is Poised to Outlast Trump, and to Test Biden