The first to use the word reggae on a record, he sang in a soulful tone and wrote songs with subtle social commentary, helping bring the sounds of Jamaica to the world.
Toots Hibbert, a Father of Reggae, Is Dead at 77
Daha fazla ArtsArts kategorisinden daha fazla yazı »
- What Is a Ballet Body?
- Benedict J. Fernandez, Photojournalist and Mentor, Dies at 84
- A ‘Rent’ Reunion Measures 25 Years of Love and Loss
- Camilo’s Hemisphere-Spanning Pop
- The Dos and Don’ts of Staging a Pandemic-Era Awards Show
- Emily Nemens Departs as Paris Review Editor
- New York to Allow Limited Live Performances to Resume in April
- Children’s Film Festival Pushes Boundaries, Mixing Somber and Sweet
- Theater to Stream: Star-Studded Digital Shorts and Escape Rooms
- Teyonah Parris Didn’t Get ‘WandaVision’ at First, Either