A vital connection for the Chinese diaspora, the app has also become a global conduit of Chinese state propaganda, surveillance and intimidation. The United States has proposed banning it.
Forget TikTok. China’s Powerhouse App Is WeChat.
Daha fazla TechnologyTechnology kategorisinden daha fazla yazı »
- The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online
- Man Gets 5 Years in ‘Swatting’ Death of Tennessee Grandfather
- The F.T.C. asks for an extension to refile its Facebook antitrust suit.
- We Need a New Term for Video Games
- Amazon will investigate gender bias claims in its cloud division.
- Delays, More Masks and Mandatory Shots: Virus Surge Disrupts Office-Return Plans
- Silicon Valley’s Best Pandemic Ever
- Kaseya, the tech firm hit by ransomware, gets the key to unlock its customers’ data.
- HBO and HBO Max Subscribers Seen Reaching 73 Million in 2021
- What the Fight Over Facebook Misses